My son started kindergarten this year. Along with being in the big kid school comes taking his lunch to school. Yesterday was his first day to take his lunch because they were having something he does not like. I am pretty particular about what he takes to eat and also keeping cold things cold. It is also very important to have leak proof containers. Lucky for me, I received a LunchBlox™ Sandwich Kit from Rubbermaid to review. I just knew it would be perfect for his lunch. The boxes are air tight and have a great seal that does not leak.
Features of the kit are:
- Modular containers snap together in to save space in your lunch bag
- Kit includes specially designed Blue Ice™ pack that works with LunchBlox containers to keep lunches chilled on the go
- Containers are perfectly portioned for lunch foods commonly carried away from home
- Microwave-, dishwasher- and freezer-safe and BPA-free
- The Sandwich Kit includes a sandwich container sized for regular and specialty breads, two snack containers (perfect for yogurt or nuts) and a snack container (perfect for fruits, vegetables and chips)
In my opinion, the kit is just the right size for a child’s or an adult’s lunch. I easily packed a sandwich, a bowl of fruit and some crackers in the kit. The clincher for me is the added ice pack that snaps into place in between the containers. The blue ice keeps the food cold until lunch time. All-in-all, this product is a winner for me!
In addition to the LunchBlox™ Sandwich Kit, Rubbermaid also offers several additional sizes including the LunchBlox™ Salad Kit, LunchBlox™ Entrée Kit, and LunchBlox™ Containers. You can purchase the LunchBlox™ Sandwich Kit for $12.99 at retailers nationwide.
I received this product for review. No other compensation was received for this review.