I hardly ever use a recipe for my enchiladas. I just go from memory and they always turn out really good. These are really easy to make. Try them and let me know how you like them.
3lbs ground beef
2pkgs taco seasoning
1 medium/large onion-chopped
1 canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 can refried beans
2pkgs of enchilada sauce mix prepared (or 3 cans enchilada sauce)
24-36ct package of corn tortillas
1lb grated cheddar cheese
- Place ground beef and onion in a pan and cook until beef is browned and onions are cooked.
- Add taco seasoning as directed on package, 1/2 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, and refried beans.
- Heat to boiling and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Prepare enchilada sauce as per directions on package and add remaining half can of diced tomatoes with green chiles (or heat canned enchilada sauce with the remaining tomatoes)
- Put 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of 13×9 pan.
- Heat tortillas by wrapping 5 at a time in a paper towel and microwave them for about 30 seconds (time may vary depending on microwave).
- Spoon meat into tortillas, roll, and place in the pan.
- If there is any meat left over, mix it with the remaining sauce and then pour the sauce over the enchiladas.
- Cover the enchiladas with grated cheddar cheese and heat in a 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
I usually end up with 2 of the 13×9 inch pans full of enchiladas. Yours may vary depending on how much meat your put in each tortilla. I have also added extra onion to make them more oniony (is that a word?).